In this two-minute read, we look at how technology and the Coronavirus are changing the way people work in Letchworth and the surrounding areas.
Way before the Coronavirus outbreak seized the headlines, there was already a significant movement of people working from home.
At LEYSBROOK ESTATE AGENTS we’ve increasingly seen over the past few years home buyers wanting spaces within their dream properties that they can work in.
Many employers, large and small, are now actively encouraging their staff to work from home to reduce the risk of the virus spreading in the foreseeable future.
Of course, not everyone has the option to work from home, but those that do can benefit from our seven tops below.
- Set a routine. Working set hours will give you structure and set work boundaries.
- Act as if. How would you dress for work? Not in your Pyjamas or nightgown we’re guessing. So, act as if you are going to the office even if you are working from home. Dress as you would for working in the office.
- Choose a spot. For example, having a dedicated work area at home to help you get organized and be more productive.
- Avoid work creep. This is a phrase used to describe working matters spilling over into your own time.
- Schedule a couple of calls. This will help you maintain a sense of human connection, which is something we need.
- Diarise distractions. Working from home conjures up many more distractions than the office or usual workplace.
- It is also important for your mental health to get outdoors in the fresh air or a walk outside might be helpful.
It’s very much business as usual here at LEYSBROOK, but we are taking the NHS advice on steps we can all take to keep ourselves, our clients and our community safe and healthy.
We’d love to hear your working from home tips.
And remember sharing is caring so if you found this article useful tag a friend or share it with them.