A 60-second speed read and some tips for kids.
Children’s Mental Health Week runs until Sunday.
And we’re sharing seven super tips for kids. How you can help your little cherubs cope with the strains lockdown can place upon their young shoulders.
- Listen – Ask them how they are feeling and listen to what they have to say.
- Support – There have been difficult times for all children during the lockdown, so remember a supportive word can go a long way.
- Involve – Stay involved in what they are doing and show interest in their activities and opinions.
- Serious – Show their feelings matter by taking what they say seriously.
- Routine – Build and keep to a positive routine. Be that around bedtime, playtime, or when home school starts.
- Active – It’s very beneficial for children’s mental health for them to stay physically active.
- Love – Remember this quote: ‘The child that has unconditional love has the greatest gift the world can offer.’
We hope you found those tips useful. At Leysbrook, we’re proud to support Children’s Mental Health Week.